For the Sardine filling -
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
200 gm canned sardines, mashed coarsely
1/2 cup of tomato sauce from the canned sardines
250 gm potatoes, cut into fine cubes and boiled until cooked
1 tbsp curry powder
1 red chili, chopped finely or 1 tbsp bottled chili sauce
salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1) Heat up oil and fry onions until fragrant.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for a few minutes until they are incorporated.
3) Set aside to cool down.
To make Sardine Puffs -
1. Put a little sardine filling in the center of pastry.
2. Fold into half and crimp the edges to seal.
3. Bake until pastry is golden brown and cooked.
Serve warm with a cup of tea.